Thursday, May 26, 2011

Why wishing doesn't produce results

Wishing  - The common demoniator for failure
“Man I WISH I was rich….I WISH I was 20 pounds lighter…I WISH I had a promotion…I WISH I had more friends.”  How many of us have heard these statements before?   Matter fact, how many of us have made these statements before?  What word is the common denominator that recommends that the probability of these statements coming true is quite low – WISH.  Wishing doesn’t produce results.  Having a definite plan backed by faith produces results.  Simply saying a vague statement such as…”I wish” is too vague.   We must be more precise and say our aspirations with conviction.  Instead of saying statements such as”I wish I was rich”, say more convincing statements such as “I know I am going to be rich by investing in real estate.”  When you know what you want in life, achieving it comes that much easier.  If you see a purse that you really want in a store, what do you do?  Whether you have the money or not I guarantee that you will find a way to get it, rather it’s saving up for it or finding a sugar daddy to buy it for you.  How come we can’t do our dreams the same way?  If we really want to achieve something, why don’t we work towards it or utilize every resource in attaining it? 

Listen to that inner voice
People treat dreams like lazy student treats test.  They expect to get a good grade on the test, but they don’t want to study for the test.  Dreams are the same way.  We have to work towards them.  We can’t expect to achieve our dream by simply wishing.  God has done his part in putting the dream in your heart; now it’s your turn to have faith and work towards achieving it.  It is not a coincidence that you got a “hunch” after reading an inspirational blog or book.  That is God whispering in your ear telling you your next million dollar idea.  Experts call this “infinite intelligence”.  I call it “God’s recommendation.”  If God told you a recommendation, wouldn’t you want to do it??  Cultivate your mind into believing that you can achieve anything you set your heart on.  The more you work towards it, the more you will notice supernatural things coming your way. 
Go for your dreams
We have been living our life in mediocre for too long. Today is the day that we will go above and beyond.  When we are 80 years old, we don’t want to look back on life and say…”Man, I wish I had sought out to achieve my dream.”   We want to share with our grandchildren how fruitful and joyful our life has been because we achieved our dreams.  We want to be an inspiration on their lives as well as others.  Never be content on where you are in life.  Always strive to achieve higher, learn new things, and be a blessing to others.  If you have a good job, teach others the strategies you use to get a good job.  The other day I helped my little cousin make a resume to try to get a laborer job.  You may think that someone wouldn’t need a resume for that type of job, but the knowledge I have attained seeking jobs resulted in me knowing that a resume would put him above the competition.  You will be amazed at what ways you can help others by the talents you already have.  Get creative and find your niche, then capitalize on it. 
Use Your Mind
Instilled in each and every one of us is the ability to see our life how we want it to be; it’s just a matter if we use this ability or not.  Some of us treat our minds like it’s a beat up Pinto.  We just let it sit in the garage and collect dust.   If you were to have a brand new Mercedes, I am pretty sure you will drive it on a regular basis and conduct routine maintenance to keep its integrity.  Well our mind is the same way.  We have to continuously use it and feed our brain positive thoughts.  Treat your mind like it’s a Mercedes, better yet treat it like it’s a Lambo!   It is not pure luck or hereditary that many people have amassed vast fortunes; it was their ability to know what they want in life and strive to get it.  As dream chasers we never WISH, we always KNOW precisely what we want!
Like always I will leave you with a quote from a very wise man...."There is a difference between wishing for a thing and being ready to recieve it.  No one is ready for a thing, until he believes he can acquire it. The state of mind must be belief, not mere hope or wish."...Napoleon Hill