Thursday, June 16, 2011

Power of Positivity

Why positive thinking is so important
If you have been following my blogs, you may notice that I write about being positive in everyone. I do this because I can’t stress enough how important it is to stay positive.  It is essential to your success.  When you have positive thoughts, this feeling sends a signal to your brain that causes it to stimulate.  When your mind stimulates, your brain works better.  Having a negative thought is like taking a depressant.  How effective do you think you will be if you went to work after taking some sleepy medicine?  This ineffectiveness has the same effect on your dreams if you go through life having a negative mindset.
“What if” Technique
When faced with a new task or obstacle, many people get the “what if I fail mentality.”  “What if I lose all my money…What if I embarrass myself…What if I am wrong?”  Next time you hear these voices creeping into your head, replace them with the “what if I succeed mentality.”  Instead of thinking about all the things that can go wrong, think about the rewards you will reap if you succeed.  Even if you suffer a setback, you should feel proud about yourself for at least trying.  If you are persistent, you would use this experience as a learning tool and don’t make the same mistakes (if any) again.  Some of you may say…”Dre, I did everything right, but I still didn’t accomplish my goal.”  My answer to you is to keep on going.  When you have faith and take action, God takes notes.  Eventually, whatever goal or dream you are striving for will come into fruition – that is if you stay persistent.  Personally, if I strive for something and fall flat on my face, I will feel much better about myself than if I stayed idle and just daydreamed about trying.  At least I know that I strived to accomplish my goals or dreams.  I am young and I have my whole life ahead of me.  If I make a mistake now, I know eventually those mistakes will add up to something that is far greater than all the mistakes I have ever made! 
How Positive Thinking played a huge part into my life 
I read my first book on positive thinking right after I graduated from college.  I found this book really fascinating, so I dug deeper into the subject.   The more and more I studied the subject, the more I realized that I have been unconsciously using this principle all through college.  Before every test, I use to say to myself that I will get a good grade.   At the time, I didn’t know that I was using the power of positivity.  This strategy helped me graduate summa cum laude with an engineering degree.  I am not saying this to brag, but I wanted to show you an example to show that this stuff really does work!  The more and more I develop my skills of positive thinking, the more success seems to come my way. Everything I write about in my blogs works.  I apply the principles I learn from great teachers and I am seeing the results.  This is the one of the key reasons I started this blog because I would feel selfish if I haven’t shared this great knowledge with you.

Practice makes perfect
The more you practice weaving out the negative thoughts and bringing in the positive, the better you become at it.  Even though I have not mastered the power of positive thinking, I am way better than I was a couple years ago.  This has helped me cultivate the mentality to pursue my dreams of starting my real estate business.   All the great athletes will tell you that they must practice in order to be successful at their sport.  Well as Dream Chasers, we must ALWAYS practice thinking positive because living our dreams is our sport.  I assure you that your life will change for the better if you develop a “negative free” mindset.  All I ask is that you don’t forget about me when you make it to the top!
“The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.” – Anonymous
*If you found this blog helpful, please share it with your friends via Facebook by using the emblem listed below
*Please subscribe to my blog by using the Google Connect emblem